A few reasons why moms deserve recognition on mother’s day
1) A mother’s smile, when it is directed towards you, makes your day a whole lot better. All she needs is to know that she has helped you to be and feel your best. Say thank you.
2) Mom taught you to be a functioning adult. That was her job, and without that, making it through the modern world would be very hard. Your mom may have forced you to do your homework, but now you see how important it was.
3) Mothers are the emotional backbones of the family. They provide the holding place for everyone’s feelings and do their best to keep us from being hurt.
4) Who would kiss your boo-boos to make it all better if she weren’t around? Mothers have the magic touch (and kiss) to help us heal our wounds, physical and emotional.
5) Truly, our mothers worked hard and made sacrifices, so our lives would be better. There are not a lot of people willing to do that, so let her know you appreciate it.
6) Mothers are forgiving—so forgive her in return. Perhaps nothing will be as valuable a gift to both of you as foregivness Open your heart and drop your resentments. Now that’s love.
7) When you want to climb the tallest mountain, your mother will make your lunch for you. She is the one who will support your dreams when no one else will. She will also remind you to wear clean underwear.
8) Her boundaries made you a better person. You may not have liked some of her decisions, especially when you wanted to party with your friends, but she did keep you out of trouble. Look at some of your friends without a mom who has cared that much.
9) A mother’s ears and eyes hear and see everything. They also have a computer-like memory for all the good (and some of the bad) that came your way. It’s nice to have someone with whom you can reminisce about your whole life.
10) Her opinion will ALWAYS matter to you. Sometimes I don’t always agree or get frustrated with my mom’s well-meaning advice, but I always care about her opinion. Even when I don’t want to consider it, I still value her wisdom.